Friday, July 25, 2008

animal collective+night swimming=pure bliss

I just finished doing a bit of "swimming" while listening to the wonderful music that is animal collective. At first I felt a bit like I was preforming interpretive dance in water for a wall, clouds, and trees. My moves were limited, but I don't think it mattered much to a brick wall, clouds, and trees.
I grew tired of the "interpretive dancing" and looked at the clouds.
I saw:
Africa
The letter "Y"
The letter "T"
A heart (zzzz)
A kabob with 2 different items on it.
A Gun
Faces of angry cartoons.
A Question Mark
A Cat
& Other things that I didn't bother to remember.
In between looking at the clouds, I looked at the trees. I stared at them and admired their sense of rhythm. As the music beat faster, the trees mimicked. Wind picked up in stages. I noticed random and strange patterns in the wind and music. In certain songs the wind would arrive during slow, steady beats. Then abruptly stop.
I looked up at the sky and saw a blinking light.
Too far to be an aeroplane, but too close to be a star.
I imagined it was a UFO, but then determined that it must be a real-life twinkling star.
I never knew that stars actually twinkled...I thought it was just a song.


end.

1 comment:

ryan said...

the asian britney spears